Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Model 19 woofer upgrade

  1. #1
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember reading a post once about using a 15" JBL woofer in place of the 416 in the model 19,if I recall correctly,the person who tried this stated that it increased low bass.My question is what model no. JBL woofer was used & if they were bi-amped or was the stock crossover used.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member yves farge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It may not be your answer but I found that which may be of interest.

    Posted by BillEpstein (A) on December 10, 2003 at 13:48:50
    In Reply to: Re: An homage to the Altec Model 19 with a little Art Deco (and JBL)influence: posted by AstroSonic on December 10, 2003 at 06:40:50:


    The woofs are 2226J's crossed at 800Hz to the 811B/806A with second order Butterworth. Simple. I'm a Pi Asylum guy and the horn has a Wayne Parham designed attenuation with a shunt resistor and series cap and Resistor. The bass box is also "Pi-aligned" for size and venting to the woof. I'm not aware of any phase issues so there can't be any forums
    I have a big chunk of Oxblood/Yellow tweed from Antique Electric for a grill but I just want to listen and drink for a few months. No wives or rug rats to worry about. Lurking in the corner is a DIYHIFISupply Ella that's running in Triode at 15 watts. That gives me as loud as I can stand with just one step of attenuation on the dual mono Goldpoints. Just a wire swap to go from serious 2 channel music to Home Theatre.
    Running the woof close to the horn and strong bracing with double baffle and top makes this a really tight sounding unit on all kinds of music and soundtracks. You really have to hear the Vivaldi Flute Concerto in "D" immediately after the Battle Scene in the first 2 minutes of LOTR 1 and then Jacintha to appreciate the versatility of this design.
    Some more *** and stuff on my website:
    Merry Pranks Website

  3. #3
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the interesting info YVF!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.